From Learning Commons
- Wed, September 15, 11am – 2pm
- 1st Floor Library Admin Bldg, Portico, and Horseshoe
The Colbert Education Center and Library will be hosting EduPalooza after the start of the fall semester. EduPalooza will be a fun and informative event for new and current students to learn more about campus student services and the Library all in one location. There will be food vendors, games, vendors of computer hardware, software and mobile devices, a scavenger hunt, prizes, and a live band. In order to make this a successful student event and provide information you can use, we would like your input in planning this event by filling out this short survey. Your contributions are appreciated in making this event happen.
- Library Services, including:
- Ask a Reference Librarian
- Center for Academic Excellence/Writing Center
- 4th floor classrooms
- Study rooms
- Find It @ MUSC
- Laptop and Smartphone Service Center
- Library Presentation Practice Spaces
- Library Resources for students by college
- PASCAL Delivers
- EndNote Classes
- RefWorks Classes
- Smartphones and iPod Charging Station for Students
- Waring Student Medical History Club
- MUSC Copyright toolkit
- Software Training and Tutorials
- Student Services, including:
- MUSC Wellness Center
- Student Health Center
- Student Parking
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- Student Activities (includes: housing , intramurals, international student programs, diversity, MUSC gives back)
- Art Services
- Public Safety
- Financial Aid
- Student Research Day
- Mike's Peanuts
- Kettle Corn
- Hot Mustard
- Alexandra the Greek
- Charleston Crepe Company
- The following have been invited
- Jack's Cosmic Dogs
- Scavenger Hunt
- Live band
- Gift Certificates from:
- Hominy Grill
- Five Loaves
- Wickliffe House
Questions for the EDUPalooza Scavenger Hunt:
- What items are available for checkout under the Digital E?
- Where is a full size skeleton located in the library?
- What library service allows me to borrow textbooks and leisure books from other Universities in the state?
- Where can I get online reference librarian help?
- Where can I get help with formatting my CV?
- What is the name of the interprofessional initiative on-campus?
- Where I can get confidential counseling/ assessment to improve coping skills?
- What is the URL of the Learning Common's web site?
- Who do I call to have a banner hung? Who do I call to secure an electrician to be present at Tech Fair or EduPalooza?
- Violetta Ivanova at 2-3627, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Josie Rowell at 2-4506
- Laura Cohen at 2-0607 or 843-697-6425 Cell
- To submit an online work request to Engineering and Facilities: http://www.musc.edu/eandf
- How do I reserve a classroom on the first floor of the Colbert Education Center and Library? How do I reserve the horseshoe, portico, and lobby? Where are the online forms necessary to reserve these areas?
- Sharon Gilliard in the Office of Enrollment Management is the contact person to reserve a 1st floor classroom: 2-1537 Fax: 2-5094
- Go to http://academicdepartments.musc.edu/em/classrooms/request.html to get reservation request forms. Fill them out and fax them to Sharon Gilliard at 2-5094.
- How do I get commercial vendor badges for the various businesses coming to the event?
- Call or email Gloria Rivera in University Purchasing Services at 2-7661. Her email address is email@example.com.
- She will need the following information: (1)List of all vendors (2)Names of people representing each vendor (3)Time frame of the event (4)Date of the event (5)Name of the group that is sponsoring the event, e.g., Colbert Education Center and Library.